Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mini and Major Accomplishments

Hi all! There has been a slight lull in my posts because this last weekend I graduated with my masters degree in education :) Whoo hoo!! I somehow managed to do it while being a teacher, wife, and mother and now look forward to a few less nights burning the midnight oil reading heavy textbooks. I learned so much, but it will be nice to just stay up because I want to and not because a paper is due. Freedom!

Thanks for all the responses to my previous post about whether my little cabinet should be hung or be a sideboard; great thoughts! I love that these blogs become a mini-community! I've really appreciated your honest input and support and sharing your own gifts too. Minis and this blog community has become such a stress reliever and creative outlet. Thanks for bringing a "little" balance to my life. (Forgive the pun!)

In the minis world, I've been working on adding architectural details to my Beacon Hill (which I will write about soon), but for a smaller project, I'm also working on a little girl's travel trunk. While the bunny I attempted is far too embarrassing to post right now, this is the first doll that I've made. I'm still learning!

12 comments:

  1. Congratuations on your degree!! You have worked so hard for it, especially with all of the other things you had going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Master's Degree!!! Good going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simpatica idea usar los palillos para los brazos y piernas.
    Genial.
    Besitos, May

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is an impressive achievement when you have a busy life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely doll Daisy.
    Congratulations...

    gr.Heleni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, she's a little sweetie!

    And supersized congratulations on completing your Masters! An awesome achievement. (I'm still struggling thru my Bachelor degree - not long to go now tho which is just as well because I'm at the "I'm over it!!" stage).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your degree!! I, too, am working on my masters in education and a beacon hill while teaching and being a wife and mommy! We should get shirts! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Te ha quedado preciosa y muy original.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  9. For 11 years, I miss two exams for a degree in modern literature ... Work, marriage, children ... It seems there is no hope for me, but maybe yes :-)
    I admire your work even in miniature: the doll is fantastic and I can not wait to see the trunk :-)
    Mini hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That is quite an achievement with all that you do! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That doll is super cute! Congrats on the Masters! :]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daisy, I just gave you an award over on my blog. Please come collect it.
    Hugs, Casey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...