Friday, January 22, 2010

Dot to Dot

Can I be completely honest? I'm afraid to fail. About 3 weeks ago, I registered an Etsy account full of ideas that I could share what I do and earn a little money for our family in the process. Now, three weeks later, there is still nothing listed. I'm doubting myself! Making my minis was such a joy when I thought it was just for me, now suddenly I'm thinking that someone might not be as charmed by the results in real life. I just can't seem to get over that hurdle.

Well, on that cheerful note :), here is a little shelf unit that I've painted. Remember that I once said I'd share a couple of painting secrets? Dots! That's one secret! Something about a design made of tiny dots looks so complicated and charming but anyone can do it! So grab a toothpick and some paint and start dipping and dashing a design! You might be amazed what you can come up with.

3 comments:

  1. I love the DOTS!!!
    As for the Etsy shop...sometimes getting that first piece listed is the hardest piece to list. BUT YOU DO EXCELLENT WORK you should absolutely get some pieces up there. The rush from selling that 1st piece is amazing!!! Go for it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Daisy!
    I can´t seem to find the link to your Etsy shop on your blog? I´m curious to see what you have been making for the shop.
    BTW- the dots are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to this post through Brae (otterine) and I have to tell you that I, too, love the dots. And I was humbled by your fear of listing. I opened an Etsy, too, and it took me a bit to list stuff... and as it sits, unsold, I begin to doubt myself as well. Glad I am not the only one.

    But you should not worry. Your creations are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...